Create New Demand, Make Competitors Irrelevant
Get Your Blue Ocean Working For You!
Why You Should Attend
With Blue Ocean Strategy thinking and planning, you and your staff can engage in demand generation, and new market creation.
Its not unrealistic. Businesses do it in every industry – so why not you, in your industry?
You can grow your business by creating, rather than competing.
Competition isn’t bad. But by now, you know how to do it! And so does everyone else in your industry.
The only way to beat the competition, is to stop trying to beat them on their terms, and to make your competition irrelevant, by creating a new game where you dictate the rules.
If you stay entrenched in your highly commoditised and crowded red ocean market, no matter what your efforts the results will be the same. You’ll be caught in a high cost, low value, zero sum game, where you and your competitors are all trying to be different, in the same ways. Where all your activities and strategy are dictated by the largest incumbent players, and the most nimble disrupters, who set the rules that you have to play by.
But by creating your own Blue Ocean, you’ll have the market to yourself.
Apple did it, Ford did it, Amazon, Uber and AirBNB, NetJets, YellowTail and so many more, all created their own Blue Oceans. But you don’t need to be an Apple or an Uber.
Small and medium sized businesses create their own Blue Ocean markets too. There are examples from Australia and elsewhere in the world created daily. We can show you how they do it, and how you can do it too.
Blue Ocean Strategy is a repeatable process allowing you to identify and break away from fixed and traditional industry views about customers, markets, competitors and the value-cost trade-off that traditionally limits growth.
What to expect over the 2 days and the following 12 months
- learn how to prepare and implement your Blue Ocean Strategy, to create new markets and find new customers, both immediately and long into the future
- acquire effective new ways to substantially grow your business through high impact, low cost, rapid deployment initiatives across customer value, your business model and partner and stakeholder engagement
- form relationships with new like-minded allies and mentors to support you in making your new strategy and innovative ideas a reality
This 2 minute video sets the scene. Consider using it with your team to start your internal Blue Ocean discussion.
TWO DAY OVERVIEW
Through a combination of workshop activities and pre- and post-workshop support, we will guide you to:
- Identify new unmet demand and non-customers (harder than it sounds, but truly eye-opening once you see it)
- Create new and Uncontested market space around those non-customers by reconstructing your market boundaries (a crucial step towards industry disruption)
- Understand that technology is an enabler, and not necessarily the basis of all new Blue Ocean markets
- Engineer more demand for your existing products and services in the process of moving towards your Blue Ocean
- Design unique new products and services for your new Blue Ocean market (not simply features than make existing customers happier – there’s a difference!)
- Create, test and deploy your strategy
- Lower your costs, Create new customer benefits, and Raise your margins, simultaneously (I’ll say that again, “simultaneously”)
- Engage your team and stakeholders using fair process and tipping point leadership to gain their voluntary co-operation
- Rethink your business’ boundaries
- Understand your Key Competitive Factors and break the traditional Value-Cost Trade-Offs of your Industry
- Appreciate and strategise for the important impact of Change Management
- Explore, Validate and Execute a pipeline of Blue Ocean Strategy initiatives
- Embed Blue Ocean Strategy Thinking into your organisation
- Utilise technology to enhance and maintain your Blue Ocean Strategy based Continuous Improvement and Innovation Programme
Who Should Attend and What Can You Expect?
Executive Teams, Boards, Managers, Owners, Division Heads, Sales & Marketing Managers, Strategy and Growth Leaders, Innovation Managers, L&D Managers and Strategy and Growth Consultants all need to embrace Blue Ocean thinking.
We know that sounds like a long list, but consider the outcomes if your leadership team is not on the same page when it comes to strategy, new markets, new customers and innovation?
If you’ve ever tried to apply other strategic and business planning methods to your business, such as Porter, PESTEL, Core Competency, Lean, Business Model Generation, Design Thinking etc. you’ll know that none of these is the sole solution to all your needs. But Blue Ocean Strategy will be the glue that binds all your disparate continuous improvement and innovation skills and efforts together. It is a holistic, creative and innovating strategic planning method.
Blue Ocean Strategy integrates Strategy with Change Management.
Blue Ocean Strategy is the only strategic planning method listed by Harvard Business Review in both of their Ten Must Reads on Strategy and Ten Must Reads on Change. That’s quite an endorsement, to be recognised as the only method integrating strategy and change!
Through this programme you and your team will come to see the paths to creative disruption and the creation of new customers and new markets. We use those words “creative” and “creation” pointedly, because Blue Oceans are more often creative and additive industry disruptions, than they are destructive industry disruptions.
It is one of the most important distinctions about Blue Ocean Strategy – its creative rather than destructive elements.
Blue Ocean Strategy is based on research into the successful strategic moves of organisations spanning over 100 years and more than 30 industries throughout the world. This research proved that Blue Ocean creating strategic moves deliver greater and more sustainable value, both for customers and business owners, than continuing to compete in the old and highly competitive “red oceans” which most businesses continue to focus on.
For over 10 years now, Blue Ocean Strategy has been regarded as best practice in innovative strategic planning and transformational change management.
Using Blue Ocean Strategy it is possible to train your team to think differently and find uncontested market space.
This workshop is delivered to international standards by Blue Ocean Strategy Australia, as this country’s only member of the Global Blue Ocean Strategy Community of Practice.
- Pre-workshop preparation kit +
- Two day workshop (including lunch and refreshments) +
- Relationship-building collaboration with other attendees +
- Two x 1 hour one-on-one Blue Ocean coaching sessions after the workshop +
- 12 months online access to Blue Ocean resources +
- Invitation-only reinforcement webinars for past workshop attendees +
- Free refresher – attend again, part or all of the workshop, anytime within 12 months, for free
Over the two days:
- interactive, experiential learning
- case-study based
- 50% of the time spent applying the tools directly to your business
- small teams and group problem solving (maximum 20 participants per workshop)
Post Workshop Reinforcement & Implementation
All workshop attendees receive:
- up to 2 hours private consultation with the facilitator after the workshop, and
- 12 months access to our online Client Portal, containing tools, templates and reinforcement materials
The post workshop coaching allows you to clarify and refine your new strategy with your facilitator in the weeks following your workshop.
Our Client Portal allows you to document and share your strategy with your team as you progress through the stages of team engagement, option exploration, strategy validation and implementation.
All facilitators are official experienced and accredited Blue Ocean Strategy professionals.
Double Dip: If you need a refresher, all our attendees are welcome to attend a second workshop within 12 months of their first, at no additional cost. All you need to do is ask, and we will ensure that we reserve a seat for you.
Advice and Webinars: Of course we are also able to support your strategy development and implementation with fee for service advice and delivery of scoped project components, and we run continuous improvement webinars, some free, some not-so-free.
Still Not Sure Its For You?
At the end of this screen you’ll find some more links to help you read and learn more.
Use the PayPal buttons to the side or below to select your venue, dates and number of participants.
Pay by PayPal or Credit Card. Your Australian GST compliant tax receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
Need an Invoice? Email us and we can invoice you for payment by EFT or discuss the delivery of a custom programme.
Bring a Study Buddy and Save! Its always better to attend with a colleague, co-founder, client or advisor. It helps immensely with your retention and implementation. And you’ll save 20% when you register 2 or more people at once. But if you can’t find a buddy, we will always match you up with some of the other attendees.
Or contact us to raise an invoice, or to design a customised solution for you.
Phone: (03) 9326 6666
*All registrations receive a tax invoice for GST purposes.
About Blue Ocean Strategy Australia
The Blue Ocean Strategy Australia team has assisted businesses ranging from startups and small to medium businesses, through to multinational ASX listed and Fortune 500 companies (really, we have worked with these companies from little ol’ Australia! – we apply Blue Ocean Strategy to our own business too you know!)
Industry sectors we have worked with include:
- Financial Services
- Retail and Franchising
- Transport & Logistics
- Construction and Engineering
- Mining and Mining Services
- Professional Services (Accounting, Legal, Advertising etc.)
We have conducted training, coaching and consulting projects throughout Australia, Asia, the Middle East and Europe, both physically and virtually.
To learn more about Blue Ocean Strategy:
DOWNLOAD THE MAP – Download our 12 Week Blue Ocean Strategy Navigation Map
WEBINARS – Attend a webinar or download a podcast – coming soon!
BOOKSTORE – Visit the Amazon bookstore for a curated list of books, audio and articles
Source: Extracts from the book Blue Ocean Strategy. (c) Kim & Mauborgne, 2015. Boston. Harvard Business School Publishing