Module 1 – Deep Dive Workshop & Personal Coaching
This accelerated Blue Ocean Strategy course combines 2 days of instruction and experiential learning with up to 2 hours of personal coaching.
Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of how to apply the tools and methodologies to break through conventional competitive strategic thinking.
The coaching element allows participants to clarify and refine their ideas in the weeks following the workshop as they put their plans into effect.
Objectives and Expectations
Participants can expect to:
• Learn how to systematically apply Blue Ocean Strategy principles, frameworks and tools using real-world case studies and examples.
• Immediately apply your learning to your existing business and current issues in the workshop environment.
• Directly experience the BOS formulation process under the guidance of Qualified and Accredited BOS Practitioners.
• Learn how to create defensible, uncontested market space.
• Work in a highly interactive, dynamic, small group, team-based environment
• Leave with a first draft road map to your Blue Ocean Strategy.
Blue Ocean Strategy Key Concepts Review
- The Three Aligning Propositions of Blue Ocean Strategy
- Value Innovation
- The Six Principles of New Market Creation
- The Four Actions Framework
- Building Execution into your Strategy
The Visual Awakening Phase
The individuals developing your strategy must first agree on the organisation’s current state, prior to offering suggestions for the future. The tools introduced during this phase assist teams with:
- Evaluating themselves against their greatest competitors and industry as a whole using the As Is Strategy Canvas
- Viewing where their offerings lie as a total portfolio, in comparison to their industry using the Pioneer Migrator Settler Map
- Identifying your customers’ and non-customers’ pain points during the entire buying cycle using the Buyer Experience Cycle and Utility Map.
Visual Exploration Phase
The second phase focuses on researching the experience of your customers and noncustomers as well as reaching out to other stakeholders and potential execution partners. Using this research, you will explore how to redefine industry boundaries using:
- the Six Paths Framework
- observation techniques and research planning
- new approaches to Business Model Generation
- Fair Process
- Tipping Point Leadership
Formulate, validate and capture your new strategy using action oriented visual tools.
- The Four Actions Framework
- “To Be” Strategy Canvas
Develop project plans that suit your available resources.
In the 2 months following the workshop, attendees will be encouraged to make time for up to 2 one hour individual coaching sessions with their facilitators, either face to face or on the phone/skype.
The focus of these coaching sessions are:
- to reinforce learning from the workshops
- clarify any later questions or thoughts on the tools and methods
- to review your first drafts of the application of the tools to your organisational needs
Prerequisites for participation
- It is not a requirement but it is recommended that you have read or listened to the audio book ‘Blue Ocean Strategy’ or at least the Harvard Business Review article “How to create uncontested Market Space and make the competition irrelevant”.
Locations and Dates
All venues are located in or very near the CBD of the corresponding city. More information about venues, start and finish times etc. will be provided upon registration.
$1500 + GST
- Up to 2 hours of individual support
Cancellation / Rescheduling Policy
Participants may request a full refund or reschedule if they provide two or more weeks notice.
No refunds will be provided with less than two weeks notice, however participants still have the option to reschedule.
Registration and Payment
All registrations will receive an official tax invoice for GST purposes.
Please register using the PayPal button below or contact us for other registration/payment options such as invoicing and direct bank transfers.
Australian Residents (AUD + GST)
If you would like more information or to speak to someone in person regarding any aspect of this program please contact us.
Click here to register and pay to reserve your place
Deep Dive testimonials:“Thanks for last week. I have received nothing but positive feedback from the attendees. Representatives from seven different businesses all walked away from the 2 days with a deep understanding of how to apply Blue Ocean Strategy, immediate actions, a road map and specific plans for their next few months. Six of the seven now have some idea where their blue ocean lies and the seventh has realised they’ve already found theirs!” Workshop Sponsor 2013.
“It was great to have our team of five, together with our sister company’s team of five all learning, working and sharing together – even though we come from different industries, the learning by looking across industries was valuable and thought provoking. We’ve now formed both our internal and cross discipline working groups and are pursuing a number of high potential opportunities with a common framework for innovation, validation and execution.” Workshop Sponsor 2013
“Being the Innovation Manager, I have reviewed many different tools and frameworks, however Blue Ocean Strategy examines the entire value chain and integrates the business strategy – loved the 6 paths!” Michael Searle, Senior Manager Innovation, a Leading Australian Bank, 2 Sept 2011
“We’re a start up business and this was perfect training for us. I have already started applying Blue Ocean. I will be sending my business partner along so we can start working on it together ASAP.” Troy Douglas, Director, Nexba Beverages, 1 Sept 2011
“This workshop has given me the tools to be able to apply BOS with confidence. The tools, course work and case studies made it all make sense. Can’t wait for my interstate colleague to complete the training.” Andrew Middleton, Vice President, Supplier Services – Asia Pacific, Travelport GDS, 2 Sept 2011
“I came along as a bit of a sceptic thinking this was another creativity and innovation course but found it so highly practical that I will not only use BOS for my own work but will recommend it to other small business owners.” Sid Gupta, Business Analyst, a Leading Australian Bank, 1 Sept 2011