Blue Ocean Strategy Australia Services
Why do you need a Strategic Plan?
Most organisations have a business plan, not a strategic plan. The business plan is often no more that a set of forecasts of incremental changes in financial and non-financial numbers, based on the experience of past years.
But how does that allow your teams to filter and self regulate their investments and activities?
And what if past years are not a good indicator of the challenges you face in the future due to new technology, new competitors, changes in regulations and market behaviour?
Our Services include:
- Strategy Formulation, Validation, and Execution – not your ordinary Business Planning
- Executive & Introductory Briefings, Group Training and Executive/Board Alignment Facilitation – enable your team to become Blue Ocean Strategy Experts
- Strategy Offsite Facilitation – align your team and business units
- Project Management & Market Research – ensure your business is driven by your own unique, primary research, and not just ABS, IBIS, Dunn & Bradstreet and similar data also readily accessible to your competitors
- Organisational Transformation and Change Management – Blue Ocean Strategy is the only strategy methodology appearing in both Harvard Business Review’s Top Ten Reads on Strategy and Top Ten Reads on Change. Our fundamental underlying principles of Value Innovation, Fair Process and Tipping Point Leadership provide the first and only end to end methodology integrating innovation, strategy and execution.
- Mentoring & Continuous Professional Development – we are raising the bar by bringing this world recognised, tested, best practice strategic planning method to a traditionally late adopting and slow to innovate Australian market.
Our Deliverables include:
- Driving exceptional organic business growth
- Developing and executing on new product, service and business unit launches and relaunches
- Executive and Board agreement on strategies that align Value, Profit and People Propositions
- Establishing innovative and commercialisation cultures within organisations
- Capital raising particularly for Blue Ocean Strategy driven SMEs and startups
- Market Research and Project Management
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
This half day program is designed for key decision makers to learn more about Blue Ocean Strategy and assess its applicability to your organisation. It is customised to your organisation’s needs.
The Blue Ocean Strategy concepts and tools are a fabulous kick off to any team strategy day, offsite or conference.
Talk with one of our talented and experienced consultants to tailor a high energy launch for your next offsite.
Some of our consultants are CEO Institute and TEC Group members and presenters, and past speaking engagements by our team include for groups at AIM, AMI, AICD, APSMA, various private and public companies, and Universities and their Faculty.
Training & Strategy Workshops
Deep Dive – Module 1
This is a two day workshop which introduces the main concepts and tools of Blue Ocean Strategy. For more information about this module click here.
SME Boot Camp
This one day workshop is designed specifically for Start up and small to medium enterprises. It is a condensed, targeted version of the Deep Dive – Module 1, aimed at focusing the owners and leaders on core strategic issues. For more information about the SME Boot Camp, click here.
Blue Ocean Strategy Incubators
New ideas need nurturing but also validation before being launched into expensive execution programmes. Our experts can guide your team through the ideation, incubation, researching and testing of ideas using the Blue Ocean Strategy principles, frameworks, tools and methods. Make your next product or service launch (or re-launch) into an uncontested market space with the help of our official qualified and accredited people.
Facilitating Strategic Discussions
Organisations need more than a Value Proposition. Your customer value proposition needs to be aligned with your profit proposition (business model), and your people proposition.
Without clarity and alignment of all three, you will face one of the three classic strategic planning failures.
Without aligned innovation across all three, you will face rapid imitation.
All strategy is devised and executed by people, and even the most experienced, hardworking and effective teams need time to align their views on strategy and their activities across business units and functions. More importantly they need frameworks, tools and a common language to express, test and refine ideas. We help organisations to have these important debates in a constructive environment and to acquire the necessary team skills. Our experienced facilitators can devise and run a series of strategic dialogues to suit your organisation’s needs.
Innovation Programs and Pipeline Management
How do you decide which ideas to invest in? Blue Ocean Strategy created ideas have been shown to produce significantly higher revenue and profit than traditional methods. We can assist you to develop and implement processes and acquire the soft skills necessary for a successful innovation program and pipeline management framework.
Blue Ocean Strategy is the only strategic planning method that integrates transformational change and strategy execution into the strategy formulation process. As a result it it the only method that appears in both Harvard Business Review’s 10 Must Reads on Strategy and 10 Must Reads on Change. It is also the only transformational change management method that does not rely on charismatic leadership. Most strategy failures arise from poor adoption and execution; the internal and external engagement of people and the failure to identify and address hurdles. Our methods utilise principles of social justice and look at leveraging resources of disproportionate influence to effect transformational change.
Strategy Advisory Boards or Strategy Circles
For past, present and future Blue Ocean Strategy workshop participants we facilitate regular strategy circle meetings.
On Site Follow Ups and mentoring
These are arranged on a customed basis and are designed to ensure that your Blue Ocean Strategy remains a successful and embedded part of your organisation.
Our facilitators, consultants and practitioners
Our consultants are player-coaches. They wont do all the work for you, but they will roll up their sleeves and work alongside you. We provide group and individual training, coaching and mentoring.
At our head office in Melbourne and across Australia we have a number of highly skilled Blue Ocean Strategy Qualified Practitioners and Accredited Affiliates. Our network of experts have completed Blue Ocean Strategy Practitioner training and mentoring, are involved in peer reviewing the work of each other and have extensive industry expertise and strong business acumen.
Our approach is highly interactive and collaborative. We integrate our creativity and strategy development experience with the proven Blue Ocean Strategy tools and methodologies.
We specialise in helping organisations create new markets and recreate existing ones in a short period of time. Our objective is to exceed our clients’ expectations in delivering breakthrough growth ideas, and most importantly, to equip our clients to continuously create blue ocean strategic moves.